Titulli i projektit:
Building Quality, Knowledge & Skills for Social and Economic Development - Support to Reforms of Higher Education in Kosovo 2008-2011
PMN ID: 11201034237
Arsyeja e statusit :
The Project “Support to Higher Education in Kosovo 2008-2011” strongly focuses on connecting higher education, labour market, supporting employment and employability. In all proposed measures, special attention will be put on institutional and human capacity building at the University of Prishtina (UP) and at the policy level.
This Project is part of the Austrian Development Cooperation policy and belongs to the unique Austrian measure in the field of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in Kosovo. As such, the project is supporting the structure of the Austrian “Multidimensional Project” (MP) and will be implemented under the same Austrian Umbrella and in very close cooperation with the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the MP.
Furthermore, the Project is designed for interlinking / interaction between measures which have been proven as successful, efficient and well accepted by the Kosovo academic community. These measures enable knowledge transfer and institutional capacity building for the UP in an excellent way and will strengthen the local ownership in the respective fields.
The Project is designed to support the goals of ADC goals for SEE, in particular those formulated for Kosovo to support education, particularly higher education, conduct measures to reduce the number of people leaving the country and promote regional development.
As regards its content, the project at hand has been designed to support the integration of
Kosovo into the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), thus contributing to a knowledge based development of its economy, as well as its attractiveness as an economic location and for foreign investments.
To reach the project objective following measures are to be take:
1. To offer complementary measures which contribute to reaching the goals of the Multidimensional Project in general and support its twinning and capacity building
measures in particular.
2. To develop Pilot Master Study Programs at the University of Prishtina (UP) based on collaboration of the UP with the economy and the needs of the labour market, as well as footed on cooperation with one or more partner institutions from Austrian HE, within the Project MSDP – Master Study Development Program, to reach the following goals:
a. Enhancing employability of the graduates and building highly needed skilled labour force;
b. Strengthening the link HE – economy – labour market for the benefit of both and the society as a whole;
c. Strengthening research and development at the UP for the concrete market needs;
3. To support further development of the UP by filling the gaps in the local teaching capacity and support the development of the pilot masters by inviting emigrated
experts to teach, research and mentor scientific work at the UP, by at the same time creating academic networks and institutional cooperation through the Project BGP+.
4. To support curriculum reforms and the development of the pilot masters at the UP by introducing new or modifying existing courses in accordance with European trends and Bologna principles through the Project CDP+. To support the Twinning component of the Multidimensional project through CDP+.
5. To support the development and advancement of program curricula and research at the UP and the CITT – K-CIRT components of the Multidimensional project through the establishment of the University Reform and Development Support Unit.
Projektet e ndërlidhura :
Expected Results of the project:
1. Development of three labour market relevant pilot master programs - MSDP
2. 50 teaching and research visits by lecturers and researchers from Austria and other European academia - BGP+
3. 20 new or modified courses at the UP in accordance with the principles of the Bologna process - CDP+ (10 of which are reserved to support the twinning programs within the Multidimensional project)
4. Establishment of the University Reform and Development Support Unit.
Activity is Off Budget
Organizata financuese dhe ID-ja e projekteve të brendshme: