Advisory services for judicial and administrative reform – Capacity development of training institutions in Kosovo
AMP ID: 11201026511160
Cost neutral extention from 01.01.2017 until 31.03.2017
The capacities of the Kosovo Judicial Institute (KJI) and the Kosovo Institute for Public Administration (KIPA) for supporting the judiciary and administration throughout Kosovo are strengthened.
The project supports the administrative and judicial training institutions in fulfilling their mandate to effectively provide specific and up-to-date trainings to judges, prosecutors and civil servants. Furthermore it supports KIPA to establish networks among civil servants for a better exchange on technical issues. Together with the municipalities and judicial institutions in the North, the project aims at facilitating the integration of Northern Kosovo according to the Brussels Agreement.
- Strengthen the management of training institutions':KJI and KIPA will be enabled to better deliver their respective training courses and legal resources by improved planning and management capacities. Workshops to be held within the organisations concerned will first of all analyse how the coordination of training can be improved, and how the steps identified can be implemented. Furthermore, as KIPA continues its development process, it will be advised on consolidating and monitoring the quality standards introduced in the predecessor project (ISO 9001).
- Support for the research and publication department in KJI': the project will provide organisational consultancy for the institutional development of the unit; it will also provide personnel with professional and methodological advice on preparing the legal publications to develop the unit´s capacities for designing, producing and disseminating legal publications sustainably on a learning-by-doing basis
- Develop training courses for Serbian-speaking participants’: Support to KJI and KIPA for training courses for Serbian-speaking judicial and administrative personnel in order to also serve the training needs in the Serb-inhabited areas, including North Kosovo. After needs assessment trainings can be adapted to the specific needs of the Serbian-speaking regions
- Promote professional networks for sharing knowledge and lessons learned': To promote the networking of civil servants, the project will support KIPA in establishing appropriate platforms where officers from various ministries or municipalities can pursue professional networking, and share knowledge and experiences. In cooperation with the Agency for Gender Equality this will include support to the network of gender focul points
- Support for the Constitutional Court of Kosovo’: Support in establishing a close network with its European peers as a forum for professional exchange. The project facilitates continuous training possibilities for staff members of the Court and advise on internal regulations and procedures
- Better regulation: The Legal Office at the Prime Minister Office is supported in setting up a new unit for better regulation and implementing standards for legislative drafting in the ministries
Activity is Off Budget
Funding Organizations and Internal Project IDs: