Support of Local Environmental Action Plans in Kosovo 2011-2014
PUP ID: 112010371205
The overall objectives of the project are:
- Sustainable development of the municipalities at the overall level as well as the urban and community level.
- Improved living conditions for the citizens, social cohesion, gender equality as well a sustained natural and cultural resources.
- Improved governance and efficiency in service provision with better responsiviness to the needs of citizens, including vulnerable groups.
The project has two components:
1. Focus the drafting of Local Environmental Action Plans (LEAP), which includes a description and analysis of the environmental situation and prioritization of actions to be taken
2. Support national networking of LEAP stakeholders from the beneficiary municipalities
10 Local Environmental Action Plans (LEAPs) drafted and adopted
by municipalities with the participation of all relevant community
and national stakeholders;
• 10 LEAP Documents published, distributed to relevant stakeholders
and able to be used for fundraising purposes;
• 10 working groups established at each partner municipality
including the municipal gender officers, and EU integration officers
contributes taken into account;
• Approximately 200 stakeholder group members, including
representatives of national authorities receive tailored training,
guidance, and hands-on experience on developing LEAPs in their
• Gender Analysis and Impact assessment study guided the LEAP
process and resulted in gender-based approach to involvement of
the community through public polls, community environmental
forums, and public hearings;
• Guides on developing LEAPs published in three languages
Approximately 100 key experts from local and national authorities,
public utilities and other institutions receive targeted training on
developing and financing environmental investment projects.
• 10 municipalities receive co-financing of EUR 400,000 and guidance
to implement priority environmental investment projects in their
communities through transparent tendering process.
Aktivnost je Bez Budžeta
Organizacije o Finansiranju i ID-evi o Unutrašnjem Projektu: